I have a phone from the FUTURE (Panasonic DECT KXPRD262 Review)
Yes, this is a “landline” phone. But this one is extra special… can you tell?
Panasonic’s DECT KXPRD262… Uh, yeah, it can link UP TO 2 CELL PHONES!
Panasonic reached out to me and told me all about their new Panasonic DECT Premium Design Series of super awesome landline phones. As a Millennial and a well-connected digital nerd… I was like, I don’t need a landline phone! I have my cellphone!
I really, really, REALLY did not expect to be impressed by this phone, but damnit I AM!
There are a bunch of features, but here are my faves:
- You can connect your smartphone (or iPhone) to it! You can actually connect 2! (It does this via Bluetooth, if you’re wondering)
- It doubles as a docking station for your cellphone… yes, it plays music or voice calls using the speakers on the base unit and the handset can be used as a remote control! It will do it even if you don’t have land line service!
- Yes, it even charges your phone (as long as you connect it to the USB)
- Amazing sound quality – they have an “Enhanced Noise Reduction” feature that lets you supress background noise from your caller, while also enhancing their voice! (So good when you’re trying to hear someone at a concert or at a party)
- Voice announcement when text messages or calls are received on your smartphone
- You can get your handset to use the same ringtones as your cell phone (love this feature)
- Transfer your contacts from your smartphone to the handset (super convenient)
- Looks pretty sexy for a landline phone. I was worried it would clash with my décor, but the sleek design really goes with anything
What do you think? I never thought I’d ever blog about a landline phone, but this one was too cool to pass up. Ironic that it’s so futuristic, but uses landline phones, which seem like a thing of the past. Maybe they aren’t dead after all? (I should mention that it would still function as a docking station if you don’t actually have a land line connection!) It retails for $249.99 – which is quite pricey, but if you use a land line, it is worth the investment. Mine is in my home office and I LOVE it! It’s so much easier to make calls using this phone than my cellphones (that heat up in no time).
The team at Panasonic were awesome enough to sponsor this giveaway! We are giving away a KX-PRW120! It is different from the one they sent me. Main difference is the design and that it can connect up to 4 smart phones or tablets and can double as a baby monitor!
To enter, fill out the Rafflecopter below. At the very least, you just have to comment and tell me why you want it! Good luck!
Canadian residents only.
Disclosure: I was sent this phone for review. Sharing because I honestly think this is super cool (I never thought I’d say that about a land line phone!)