Fresh guacamole, some tortilla chips and a beer are hard to top during the summer. But I recently started to serve my guacamole with Pop Chips Tortilla Chips and they’re a hit!
I made some guacamole + brought a box of Pop Chips Tortillas to a BBQ recently and everyone loved them both! The tortilla chips are THICK and can hold a lot of flavour. I have been snacking on them like crazy the past month!
The consensus was that the Ranch flavour was the best to eat with the guacamole because it cooled them down (my recipe is quite spicy!) The Nacho Cheese is perfect for snacking on its own because the cheesy flavours are so intense (honestly, you can’t even believe these were not fried!) and the Salsa would have been great to eat with… some salsa.
Here’s my guacamole recipe (Modified from Miss Avacado) serves 6-8, perfect for a party. It is best consumed on the same day, so just divide the recipe up if you want to make it for only 2-4 people:
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, finely diced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, diced and seeds included (if you’re not a big fan of spice, you can omit the seeds)
- 5 ripe avocados from Mexico, peeled, pitted and diced (you can buy Mexican avocados in packs of 5)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 limes (juice 2 and put in the guacamole; the last one will be used as garnish to squeeze on top before you eat it)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tspfresh cracked pepper
The steps are SUPER EASY…. Ok, there’s really only 1 step.
Mix everything in a bowl (except the one lime because that’s for garnish)
And that’s it!
You can use a fork, a potato masher or your food processor (if you want it super smooth like I did here)
Great to snack on, too! Since a bag of Pop Chips Tortilla Ranch is only 120 calories, I didn’t really feel too bad!
Does this look like something you’d make? I promise you it’s easy and soooo delicious!
Disclosure: The Pop Chips were sent to me for review consideration on this blog. As always, that doesn’t change the way I think about them. And I thought it’d be even better if I shared my guac recipe with ya!