So, how cool is this? I’ve officially joined FASHION Magazine’s Beauty Panel – it’s exactly what you think it is. It’s a panel of “beauty experts” across Canada, sharing our tips and tricks. On the panel are some of my fave beauty bloggers like Rema from TheBurgundyBook, Arianne from TheGlitterGeek and so many more, with different face shapes and shades, so I’m sure you’ll find someone you can relate to! Oh and if you have an idea for a challenge, just email the FASHION Magazine team [email@example.com].
Each week, we’re given a challenge that we can participate in and this week was a”Bombshell Look“. It was also my first one, so I was stoked to see they chose my face for the cover (and I have to admit, it’s a little weird lol).
To me, “Bombshell” is like… out of the ordinary, go-all-out glam. So naturally, I did a smokey eye with some wicked lashes. (Trust me, I don’t look like this everyday!)
It’s hard to do an actual “tutorial” since I can’t SHOW you how I did it, but here are some of my tips on doing a smokey eye:
- Do your eyes first (before you put on foundation) to take care of any shadow fall-out
- Use an eyeshadow primer to help w/ longevity and intensity
- Choose 3 colours: a matte black (I use MAC’s Carbon), a medium/dark shade (MAC Fiction) and a lighter shade with sparkle (MAC Forgery). Fiction went on first, then Carbon and I blended the heck outta both of them. Then I added Forgery to the middle and inner corner of my eye to brighten it up.
- BLENDING is key (anytime you wear eye shadows, really) but moreso with a smokey eye because if you don’t, you’ll look like you have a black eye
- Use black liner in your waterline (top and bottom)
- Blend eyeshadow on your bottom lashes to balance out the darkness on your lids
- Keep your cheeks + lips neutral.
Other details + products I used can be seen on the Beauty Panel page.
I hope this look inspires you next time you have a big night out! I’m here to answer any Q’s you have about it in the comments since it’s definitely harder to explain it to you without showing you. Perhaps I’ll do a video one day? Good idea or bad idea?