The last couple weeks have been insane for me. Ever since B+AB launched earlier this year (just a lil 2 months old today), I feel like my schedule just keeps getting crazier. To begin with, mine was unconventional already (to say the least) with working, school, wedding planning and photo gigs… and when things get overwhelming, it’s easy to put blame on blogging for why I’ve little free time. So many photos to edit, products to review, emails to answer and posts to write. Yes, blogging is time consuming and it can be stressful at times. (But I promise this is a positive blog post! You’ll see.)
So when last week started, at first I was like:
But then I quickly got my shit together and decided to take it one day at a time. They say if you are positive, the world will give positivity right back at you and the past week has been proof of that for me.
Bloggers, what’s the first thing that comes to mind when I ask you, “What is the best feeling about blogging?”
Because this week, I experienced everything on my list. So… of course I would blog about it!
1) When a reader tells me that they not only read my blog, but they have actually discovered something new and purchased something I’ve blogged about or recommended. I still remember the very first time someone told me they bought something I blogged about – it’s hard to explain, but it’s such an awesome feeling. Someone else that doesn’t know me personally actually trusts me enough to spend their hard earned money on something I’ve recommended. It is very humbling and definitely makes me feel very honoured :)
2) When a reader trusts me enough to try one of my recipes. This just makes me so freakin’ happy! Thank you for trusting me enough to make one of my recipes! There is nothing more encouraging that seeing people actually try out the stuff I’ve experimented with. (Click to embiggen)
If you try out one of my recipes, please let me know! I’d love to hear how you like it and if you have any recommendations for future recipes. A few on my list of experiments: green pancakes, soups and healthy burgers.
3) Working with amazing brands and people. One of my big goals for this blog is to introduce readers to new products and perspectives that will allow you to live more beautifully and happily so I’m really excited to be working with some really great brands (both International and local) – can’t wait to share with you!
4) Meeting really awesome people online. The reason why I LOVE social media is because I get to connect with hundreds of people with similar interests that I otherwise wouldn’t “meet” IRL (in real life). Lately, I’ve discovered some new people that I really clicked with and hopefully will get to hang with him in person soon :)
5) Meeting really awesome people face to face. Just a liiiitle bit more awesome than meeting people online is meeting those awesome people in person. Last week, Buytopia hit a huge milestone – 100 million dollars saved! And along with Charming Media, they threw a fabulous party to celebrate with their favourite Canadian bloggers – and they sure know how to pick ’em! I met so many awesome people who I’ve been tweeting with for the past 4 years for the first time and it was amazing! Definitely one of the best events this year I’ve attended so far! The official photos are up on Facebook, so just click on the collage to see ’em!
Bloggers – do you agree with my list? If you’ve got any to add, just share in the comments!